With much of southern California experiencing wild fires, the likes of which have never been seen before, people are evacuating with little to no notice and fleeing to safety. And they are desperately trying to save their animals.
If you are are in Southern California or know someone there here is a list of places accepting small animals (also a little bit of information on larger animals)
- 12/7 – Not cat related but they need some wheelbarrows and help with food for horses, also volunteers to muck out stables. If you can help check out their Facebook page – they will gladly take donations 24 hours a day.
- 12/10 – Humane Society of Ventura County is housing about 100 animals who escaped from the fires. They need animal food
plus food and water for volunteers.they have run out of space. Check their Facebook for updates or make a cash donation to their website.
- They’re in desperate need for supplies for large animals – alfalfa hay, Timothy hay, cat food, rabbit food, flashlights, headlamps, lanterns, water troughs, bottled water, fruit, snacks, hoses and power generators,
as well as snacks for their volunteers. Donations may be dropped off at the shelter at 402 Bryant St. in Ojai.They are asking for cash donations now, they are at capacity for physical items.
- They also have a wish list on Amazon where you can purchase items for them.
- They have a need for volunteers from December 11 onwards – again check their Facebook page.
If you need help or information:
Call the communications center: 562-490-6898
Full information can be found on their Facebook page
- 12/10 – The Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation is accepting donations for its Noah Legacy Fund, which distributes supplies and training to first responders who are rescuing animals. You can donate through the website or by mail to P.O. Box 100515, Pasadena, CA 91189-0515.
This list will be updated as long as needed